Permission Slip Exercise

Hey guys, Happy Friday! This week's exercise is called the "Permission Slip" exercise. I tend to turn to this when I notice myself slipping up, holding myself back, not showing up for myself or anything of that nature. Showing up for yourself is so important. If you cant show up for yourself, you can't show up for others, your responsibilities and etc. Trying to show up when you are not your best self leads to burn out. Showing up is half the battle, you have to give yourself what you need to be at 100% in your other people. That includes your child(ren), that includes the energy you spend towards your work, upkeeping your home and more. Doing this exercise is the epitome of what it means to Do The Work. 




Always remember that you can remix the exercises to your liking or in whatever ways that you NEED. Every journal, every freebie should be scribbled on, things should be written wherever they can fit. Let go of self-judgment and say f*ck the presentation just do the work. Remembering that showing up means something, but authentically showing up for yourself means even more. The exact prompt for this exercise is Today I want, Today I need, Today I give myself permission to, Today's self-care looks like. That is all that belongs in your permission slip, if something else pours out of you, write it! Use it! Sometimes just stating what you give yourself permission to do or be is enough. 

I know in the last few months I've had to give myself permission to be imperfect, permission to heal, permission to be hurt. I've even had to give myself permission to accept past versions of myself and her actions. Self-reflection isn't always pretty. Sometimes it reminds you of things that you've done that you aren't that proud of. I had to give myself permission to just be, and do so authentically. I have been in a space of mourning for a while. I am super grateful for my morning sun (check out the freestyle poem blog post). Even in my space of gratitude, I had to accept so much and remind myself that my feelings are and were valid. I felt wrong for so many decisions I made in the past, for the ways I overextended and gave away so much of myself. 

I already knew my reasoning for unpacking these things. Check-in with yourself. See what you need. Do exercises over and over and over. I swear every time that you do them will be different. You will have grown each time so you begin to unpack different things. Be gentle with yourself. Cry if you need to but don't get stuck there. Smile through any self-reflection this exercise may bring even if your reflection isn't similar to mine. Yours can be something more current or recent. Just remember that what your self-care looks like today, it might not look like tomorrow but figuring YOU out is worth it. The best investment you can make is in yourself. 


You will be able to access the exercise freebie here:

 https://www.dropbox.com/s/u6ju71opv38j1t2/Permission%20Slip%20Exercise.pdf?dl=0 

REMINDER: FREEBIE ALSO INCLUDES THE WORKSHEET TEMPLATE AND YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH THEM. YOU CAN PRINT BOTH AND DO BOTH OR PRINT AS MANY TIMES AS YOU NEED. 


This exercise is out of my most recently published journal " A guided journal just for you". This journal is meant to help you process the things you've faced. It is meant to help you acknowledge your worth and amp up your self-care through self-love. By the time you are done completing this journal, you will be aware of your support system, how to support and uplift yourself, and stop running from your shit. Sometimes we can't even recognize when we are running, or self-sabotaging or even holding ourselves back. 

Self-love is the best love. This journal also helps you decide what your self-care looks like. It is not the same for everyone. Change is constant and that will constantly change too. Self-love and self-care are a package deal. This journal doesn't have to be a " daily journal " it wasn't created to be one. It was created to be YOUR safe space. It includes cute inspirational graphics designed by me that were designed to motivate you to keep going and journal at your own pace. This journal isn't meant to taunt you, some journals may feel like that or seem empty, I hope you notice how full this journal is and allow it to help you pour into yourself. Do the work, you will only blossom from it, it's time to grow! 

 https://www.amazon.com/Guided-Journal-Just-You/dp/1083143433/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2W9W7XGONEGSB&keywords=a+guided+journal+just+for+you&qid=1565147049&s=gateway&sprefix=a+guided+%2Caps%2C144&sr=8-1


Above you will find the link that leads directly to the journal on Amazon, do note that I have personally completed every single exercise in every journal that is published. Some new work is in the works and I am beyond excited. Make sure to acknowledge your worth and amp up your self-care through self-love using the above journal. Keep in mind that your pace is your own, just because you decide to purchase it that does not mean you need to say ok every Tuesday at 7 pm I will journal. NO. Or I can complete the journal in "x" amount of days so I will start tomorrow night. Do not do that, do not do anything like that or anything else that may be your way of self-sabotage. Accept your pace, don't put pressure on yourself. You are committing to going on a journey that will last a lifetime so there is absolutely no rush. Be gentle with yourself guys, always! 

Don't forget to check out the podcast Meditations, Affirmations, and Small conversations on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Anchor, Breaker and more! 


This is a special month to start listening episodes will be published weekly vs bi-weekly !! I’ll be sharing a bonus episode and Situation Saturday’s launch this month! My podcast was created to address real-life situations & demonstrate multiple ways to deal with them break cycles, free ourselves of any toxicity and give others a voice. Situation Saturday’s are a space for listeners to bring ANY situation to the table for a small conversation about it! Examples of some currently being recorded: Toxic Romance, Craziest Situation I’ve ever been in with a friend. Make sure you leave a rating and a review! 

Signing off, sending you guys love and light. xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts

Reach out to MJ

Name

Email *

Message *