Dear Body, there is no home like you

Remember when I said I'd post a poem goodie .. here you go. 🖤 



There is no home like you
I was made to measure in the womb

I proclaimed my spot in 96’... bare skin,
warm bottom with only you and sweet melanin to shield me

I bet my mother didn’t know
She’d be birthing a seed

She didn’t expect to bear a flower
And yet, they gently placed me in her arms, neatly wrapped in cloth, over 7lbs healthy

So, when I began to get sick and lose you
ALL I wanted to do was go home
BUT, I didn’t recognize you

I’d look up AND…
Looking at my reflection was only an invitation for my mind to open the floodgates of despair
and overwhelm me with resentment…

I didn’t recognize you but yet I was home

Now I know for a fact, there’s no home like you

Look at all we have been through

I almost was afraid of losing you
I got nervous because you gave me a few scares

But, I’m so glad we are here

There is no home like you, I promise to take care of us
because we need each other more than I could ever need anyone else

I didn’t get to hand pick you but,
You’re still crafted perfectly

Every curve, every dip - perfect

From 120 to 111, still perfect

From 111 to 93 lbs, still perfect
There is no home like you,
There is no home like mine,

You belong to me and I belong to you

From a size 6 to 0 - I’m still me,
My temple remains standing and I still call it home

There is no home like you

I need you to know and understand how much you are loved
It has been hard but I had to remember losing you didn't mean I had to lose myself

I had to learn to adapt and change with you
To listen to you when you’re trying to tell me things
And might I add its worked out way better your way

You’re the only one that understands my pain because we went through it together,
there is no home like you, how could there be?

You have worked just as hard as me
Probably harder, to repair, heal, and fight when we are weak

You do a lot of the work for me,
You’ve had to stick it out during procedures
and literally endless rounds of heavy meds and antibiotics

You did a lot to protect our seed-bearing parts
I’m forever grateful

We have had some horrid times, sick-months, sick days and weeks

You don’t let anything knock you down or take us over
You’re STRONG

I am PROUD to call you mine
And I am happy to be comfortable in my own home
You are sacred...protected, you are MY temple

Like a flower, I will continue to bloom, flourish and thrive
We will go through more dormant periods of life
but I am planted on this earth for a reason  

Once our job is done we will move on
And still, there will be no home like you


Comments

Popular Posts

Reach out to MJ

Name

Email *

Message *