We're halfway through 2019 and guess who's back and better

I have missed blogging so much. I am ecstatic to be back and have so many poems and updates to share. Make sure you follow me on Instagram and Twitter @mjscottandherpoetry. Tweeting a whole lot more and there are some gems on twitter in regards to life, growth, facing your shit, and more. You have to go check it out for yourself, just click the link!  


Updates: These you will find out about through poetry, I don't want to give you all the goods but I have exciting news. It's about me, so make sure you're checking in!! Also going through a whole bunch of transitions but honeyyyy it brings good writing. I launched a Podcast Meditations, Affirmations, and Small Conversations. The podcast was created to address real-life situations, demonstrate multiple ways to deal with them, break toxic cycles and give others a voice. The podcast is available on iTunes Podcasts, Anchor, Google Podcasts, Breaker, Spotify, and Radio Public. I also launched JournalitPrints, you can purchase printable journals and order a customized journal. Your journal can be all about self-care, dealing with your anxiety and etc. They are my favorite to make because they are all about you and your needs. Your journal mirrors the intentions you have surrounding journaling, the journey that you want to go on every time you open it. It includes things that uplift you, songs, books, whatever your thing is! Half of the journal is focused on what you intend on using it for and the other half is blank for free journaling. You have so many options. You'll learn more soon! If you're interested in ordering dm me on twitter, leave a comment on this post, just let me know! 

2019 has been nuts, game-changing actually. Definitely in the best ways though. I have grown even more than I did in 2017 and 2018. Which is always the goal right? So we are halfway through our year, it is definitely time for some self-reflection. How have you been gentle with yourself? How could you be more gentle with yourself going forward? At the beginning of this year, I was super hard on myself. Sudden transitions made me feel like I had to hyperfocus and I almost lost sight of the beauty in the transitions. Because I wasn't being gentle with myself for a few moments, I had to do the work AGAIN to learn how to be gentle with my new self and everything that came along with her. A huge part of doing the work is choosing to do the work when you don't want to when you realize something is off with yourself or when you know your space is shifting. I was grieving, I will admit that I still am and it is something I find to be a constant trend through some of these transitions. I am grieving old versions of myself, of other people, and actual bonds/relationships that I was so used to for so long. My space was and is shifting in so many ways. 


When things begin to shift, life sends you some transitions... it's time for some super self-care when they come along. It helps to remind yourself of who you are, who you are becoming and who you want to be. It's also a time to let go of who you were. That can be the hardest part. Letting go isn't ever easy but always worth it. You are where you're supposed to be, you have to learn to trust that. Reminding yourself of all these things won't make your transition suddenly painless, but it will keep you grounded through them. It will be way less complicated for you when you can refer to something as a reminder to say to yourself, hey... this is what you want, this is who you are, life is shifting or you personally may be shifting in different ways but these are the things you need from yourself. These are the ways you need to show up for YOURSELF.


  Let's get back into the swing of things by doing an exercise. In the post following this one, I will post the 10 promises I made to myself. The "10 promises" exercise should be done at your own pace. If you cannot come up with all 10 odds are you aren't in a space to yet. Remember to do what flows, if you have to force it... it just doesn't fit. Accept where you are and journey through what you have learned from being in that space. Your 10 promises should be positive changes you are promising to yourself from yourself. They should be promises that break cycles, that relate to what you have learned through your transitions. E.G. I promise not to overextend. I have noticed ways that I give more of myself to others, who don't deserve it... than to myself. I am always ready to jump up when someone calls and I know that I can't call on them. I promise to give myself what I need before others and identify the moments and situations where I am overextending and just doing too much. ( This example was so easy for me because it totally is something I've had to work on in the past.) Make sure that you date this exercise. That helps you appreciate and recognize your growth. Always refer back to it when you need to. Trust me it helps as you move through new transitions and etc. I did my 10 promises exercise last year and it is still very empowering when I read it to myself. I sometimes read it aloud and affirm it to remind myself of everything that I am. Share your exercises. Let me know how it went. Don't judge yourself during the process of writing this!! Greet yourself with positivity and compassion only. Leaving you with love and light...MJ. 


Share in the comments 

Share through Facebook @mjscottthewriter "MJ SCOTT" 

Share on Instagram @julianherpositivity

Make sure you follow me on Insta and Like the FB page. 

Don't forget to take a listen to the podcast "Meditations, Affirmations and Small Conversations. 







Comments

Popular Posts

Reach out to MJ

Name

Email *

Message *