Dart Frog (A Poem)

Dart frog 

Poisonous

But in disguise 

Plotting your demise 

To protect its toxicity 

To keep the cycle going…

You can’t tell what's right from wrong 

The beauty that it will cause... is blinding 

Manipulating too 

Each color, each phase (beautiful) (Charming, delightful) full of beauty 

But that’s what it’s supposed to do,

What it’s supposed to be 

It is…it’s purpose 

That’s how it got me 

I was just a space on the dartboard

A place to come in and be insulting 

Bullseyes 

I wish I would have known your target was me 

If I could have been warned of the depths of your toxicity 
I'm not sure that I would have believed 

How you would poison my sea 

How you’d throw me away 

That your goal and mine was never the same 

I wish I would have known the beauty, the colors 

Were all a facade 

Masking your real secret 
Real identity 
Virulent properties unknown 

Damn you poisonous dart frog. 

Comments

Popular Posts

Reach out to MJ

Name

Email *

Message *