Freestyle Poem- Until you free yourself learn the lesson it’ll repeat itself


Until you free yourself learn the lesson it’ll repeat itself 
Just the thought of it is enough 
To bring me to tears
And realize what I thought was my personal hell 
Was the time I should’ve been spending getting well 
Well in a different way 
Now it’s safe to say 
That the universe forced me 
The Lord knows what’s best 
It’s something I truly know and believe 
What baffles me is how I couldn’t see 

Accountability 

There were signs to show me 
To show me everything that I’d need 
To show me 
When I wasn’t me 
Not the one I was used to being but blossoming 
Outgrowing 
No longer fitting in spaces 

I swear Grace saved me 
Bc for her I have to be the best me 
I’ll never be perfect 
But that isn’t the same is showing myself in every way that I’m worth it 
... (sigh) Omg 

There were cycles, 
I didn’t even know 
Existing 
Just waiting for me 
To break them to be 
Everything that I should be 
Grace the way I see it you did save me 

There’s that something that’ll force you into being 
Uncomfortable 
A major shift 
And maybe at first, you can’t see 
But you finally start to learn all you should’ve been learning 
Being in transition isn’t the same 
As any negative space 

You may take it 
Associate it 
With negative feelings 
Because it’s new 
Uncomfortable 
Not what you’re used to 
But that’s exactly the point 

Blossoming isn’t always something that we see
Pretty much never immediately 
It may be an array of events or a few major things that cause you to shift 
All I have to say is 
Trust your process 
Stay true to it 
Love yourself through it 

Enjoy the ride 
It’s the most important part of the story 
Every day I’m learning to enjoy mine 
You’re not alone 
Even if your blossoming becomes 
A lone journey 
Don’t worry 
Mine has too 

You’ll be good 
Just do you 
Unapologetically 
In all your glory 

Break the cycles 
Appreciate how you’re growing 
Find gratitude in this shift 
I know it’s not easy 
But this definitely is 
For the better 
So trust it 
Forgive yourself if needed 
Love you and just be 


The full freestyle is posted on Instagram as an IGTV episode, raw and unedited freestyles are posted every week. @mjscottandherpoetry 

Comments

Popular Posts

Reach out to MJ

Name

Email *

Message *