Poem "A present for you"








A present for you from me 
Because without you who would I be 
You taught me how to be & unapologetically 

That was after placing your light in me 
You are my truth 
Somehow you knew 

Writing was too 

I was only 5 
But we practiced every night 
It was the perfect shoe

For me, it fit just right 
Even in the dark 
I learned to let it be my light 

Sometimes you'd just watch me as I created every stroke 
Let my pencil guide me 
Designing each word 

And maybe you could see it filling me 
My words were something you heard 
My words became my work 

Self-work, life and shelved too 
I know it was you 
Holding my hand as I walked thru 

My angel 
I know you'll always be watching over me 
You promised to hold me

Left this earth in 2002...
During that season all I could think about was you
I will make you...

As proud of me as you could ever be 
Still, have pops here with me 
Thanks to you two 

My life has been possible 
People ask how I made it through being...
4 different kinds of sick and then some 
My answer is you two 

February 8, 2018 
I like to remember for me 

I see success and then I see...

You two 
Inspirational 
If you could be 

All you were for me 
While dying 
and living 

& Winning to receive the greatest deal there could ever be 
I heard only the purest of all get to go 
The most beautiful 

And that you are 

Washed away in the deep 
A see I pray to get to see 
The special place where the greats get to be 

To leave 
And be apart of so many lives 
Leave a legacy 

I am you 
You two are why I do what I do 
The passion that lies within me sources from 

The depths of you two 

The two most solid people 
Ever created 
Grateful to have experienced 

Both of you at the same time 
And love you 
Continually experiencing Pops as mine

More than a father 
More than a figure 
The love I aim to find 

From me to you 
Here is my truth 
That is you two 


Comments

Popular Posts

Reach out to MJ

Name

Email *

Message *