The 10 promises I made to myself



The promises I made to myself got really deep (as they should've). I am sharing my promises just to show you guys what my experience was like. Your experience is not my experience. When you're doing this exercise, try to think about what you're unpacking. Think about what you really need and how you can really tend to Y O U R S E L F. How have you mistreated yourself in the past? How can you tend to your inner child? What does your inner child need? How can you make positive changes in your life? What positive changes do you need to make in your life? 



1. I promise to treat myself the way I deserve to be treated at all times. 

2. I promise myself that I will not participate in self-sabotaging behavior. 

3. I promise to accept myself, no matter what. Which includes me accepting past versions of myself (especially those) 

4. I promise to forgive myself- When I say this I mean it, I will no longer feel bad for things that weren't even in my control, my fault, or my problem. (or anything of that nature)

5. I promise to love myself through every situation I have to go through, no matter the outcome. 

6. I promise to accept nothing less than my best from myself, from the people I surround myself with, from the people I employ and lead within my organization.

7. I promise to model how I want to be treated for those around me. 

8. I promise not to let anyone treat me average/regular. (AKA less than I am worth) 

9. I promise not to reassign other people's issues/ emotions to myself. Especially other people's guilt, I vow to work on this behavior and I promise to take care. 

10. I promise not to ignore myself or my needs. I will always implement self-care and reserve space for time for self-care/self-love practice. I will always do yoga, meditate, participate in Sahaja Yoga Meditation.  



When I did this exercise last year I was unaware of how powerful it actually is and what it would change in me. Due to growth, I'm definitely ready to do this again. The work never ends. You have to understand that just SHOWING UP for yourself is enough. Every day won't be the same, your experiences won't be identical. All you have to do is show up. Even when you don't want to, kill the self-defeating behaviors and accept your pace. Lately, I have had to learn even more to flow not force and accept my pace. At the end of the day, you are where you're supposed to be. Frustration doesn't help you move through the space that you're in any easier.


Share your exercises with me on FB "Mj Scott" @mjscottthewriter, Twitter @mjscottandherpoetry or Instagram @mjscottandherpoetry

Check out the podcast Meditations, Affirmations, and Small conversations on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Anchor, Breaker and more! 

Check out the guided journal out now on Amazon!



This journal is meant to help you process the things you've faced. It is meant to help you acknowledge your worth and amp up your self-care through self-love. By the time you are done completing this journal, you will be aware of your support system, how to support and uplift yourself, and feel no need to run away from things when it gets tough. Most importantly, you won't feel alone on the journey to self. The author shares bits and helpful pieces of her experience doing these very prompts and exercises. Journaling serves as a form of meditation, it calms and clears your mind. This innovative journal includes letters from the author, short bits of inspiration, charts/exercises to fill in, as well as journal pages all with the focus on self-care.

Check out the book of Poetry "Mourning Sol" available now on Amazon!

Mourning Sol is a chapbook of poetry focused around the mourning of a long-time partner, and best friend. This book acknowledges the grief, and the waves of different feelings something like this can cause. It also demonstrates the lessons that lie within the mourning and transition. This book gives valuable tips as to how you can let go of someone who no longer serves you, although you may be in mourning. Timesha's poetry has been published multiple times in other chapbooks by Local Gems Press and more. It is said that she is a self-care guru and has been awarded 3 times on a local and state level for her mentorship and role in other's lives. This book was made for the reader. Mourning Sol is an ode to healing. If you're stuck in a rut, you feel alone after a breakup, or you're still grieving and searching for healing, you've come to the right book. If you just love to learn the stories of others you are welcomed too! Excerpts from the book: Use the transitions that you are moving through To meet yourself with some compassion Heartbreak hurts But time heals When they decide Let them When it’s your turn Always choose you Or was it because I was in love with what I didn’t realize was becoming a past version of you? Or you started to realize what I already knew The love I gave you were no longer deserving of

See you guys next week. 
Sending Love, Peace, and Positivity your way! 



 ( If you haven't read the freestyle poem yet, go do that! http://mjscottandherpoetry.blogspot.com/2019/07/morning-sun-freestyle-poem.html ) 



Comments

Popular Posts

Reach out to MJ

Name

Email *

Message *